Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Infinite Crisis is Here!


IC 1
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley.
Jim and I went to the comic book shop during lunch to pick up the weekly stash, and it felt like 1985 all over again, picking up the first issue of Crisis on Infinite Earths. Same excitement level, but with a bit more money in my pocket then back then- I was a poor college student when the original came out! Now at least my steady paycheck can handle it a bit better, even if I am paying at least twice as much!

I glanced through it, and Infinite Crisis #1 lives up to the hype. If you weren't going to pick this up, you may reconsider. If you aren't sure still, at least look at one. The art by Phil JImenez is killer, and Geoff Johns' words have the exact right vibe.

I cannot wait to go home tonight and read it again proper! Let me know what your thoughts are as well!

Have a great evening!

2 comments:

Carl said...

My one sentence review so far (I read it 3 times last night):

"The Golden Age is dead..."

Heidi Meeley said...

You think? I read it last night pretty thoroughly and had to make myself take a night off before reading it again. The last page knocked my socks off. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Do you think the Golden Age characters are going to be toast? I love JSA with the whole elder statesmen vibe and would hate to see Alan, Jay, and Ted go the way of the pulps.

Keep me in the loop about your opinions as this thing goes down, Carl.