Monday, September 18, 2006

New Comics for September 20

Once again the month has gone by so quickly that it is unbelievable. It seems like August just ended, but we are already full throttle into Fall. I am enjoying the weather right now, and am sad to know that soon it will be cold outside.

I am really excited about comics this week. 100 Bullets heralds the start of the "what has been going on with Dizzy and the boys" storyline I have been dying for! Astonishing X-Men is hitting the stands. I am also really looking forward to my favorite X-title, X-factor, hitting the stands. Making things even more interesting is that both Birds of Prey and Catwoman are shipping this week.

Without further ado, here is my list!

Conan #32
100 Bullets #76
52 Week 20
Birds of Prey #98
Catwoman #59
Checkmate #6
Flash The Fastest Man Alive #4
Hellblazer #224
Ion #6 (of 12)
Robin #154
Shadowpact #5
Superman #656
Wetworks #1
Occult Crimes Taskforce #2 (of 4)
Wtichblade #101
Astonishing X-Men #17
Exiles #86
Iron Man #12
Runaways #20
Ultimate Fantastic Four #34
Union Jack #1 (of 4)
Wolverine #46
X-Factor #11
Savage Red Sonja QOTFW #2 (of 4)
Strangers in Paradise #84

What a great week ! I didn't mention the Civil War tie-ins, because at this point, it really isn't on my radar.

Here's to a happy Monday evening to all of you and best regards for a happy week!

2 comments:

Carl said...

Welp, I've been really busy, a few weeks back I switched jobs from the non-reliable car wash to Toys'R'Us. I am an overnight stocker (I will find time to night stalk on my days off) and it's really put me in The Twilight Zone. I'm up even more when everyone is asleep and I have to give my girls their assignments then sleep during the day. But, with my bride's medical stuff and all that, we need the extra money. The funny thing is, I can't recall seeing any of the Virgin line of comics (I always found the name in a comic shop more then ironic) save for maybe a few token issues that were gone fast. And while I have labored to get caught up on many of my books, 100 Bullets still eludes me, guess I will have to get the collected graphic novels. Welp, supper time, now, hope all is well...

Heidi Meeley said...

Carl, I am really pleased to hear that you like your job. I am sorry to hear about the hours though. Don't wear yourself out!

That is interesting about not seeing a lot of the Virgin Comics imprint. It is good stuff- I am surprised it doesn't have more backing. I guess that is why I am trying to spread the word here.

100 Bullets works best in trades. The story arcs are so detailed and suspenseful that the best way to tackle them are all together. I found that once I got into the rhythm of the book, it was addicting.

Take care Carl! Don't work too hard.