Monday, July 30, 2007

New Comics for August 1


Supergirl #20
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley
Wow. August is here on Wednesday. Summer is speeding by at a lightning pace and I can do nothing to stop it. The good news is that the temperatures have been pretty mild... so far. God knows what the next few weeks will bring.

It is another heavy week of books to no one's surprise. I am really on the fence on a few titles, but am picking some of them up because I ordered them on my Previews form. Hopefully I won't regret it.

Here is the list:

American Virgin #17
Black Canary #3 (of 4)
Countdown #39- yes, I am still getting it. For how long, I don't know.
Detective Comics #835
Justice Society of America #8
Nightwing #135- close to dropping this one
Supergirl #20- pictured! The new direction intrigues me.
Welcome to Tranquility #9
First Born #1 (of 3)
Fantastic Four #548
Ms. Marvel #18
New Warriors #3
Punisher #50
She-Hulk 2 #20
Spider-Man Red Sonja #1 (of 5)
Uncanny X-Men #489
World War Hulk #3 (of 5)
Snakewoman Vol 2 Tale of the Snake Charmer #2

That is the list! It should be an interesting week. Take care and have a wonderful evening!

3 comments:

Eaglewing said...

Ah yes, the dog days of August coming up. Feel the heat. A week of 30 C weather around here. I'm glad I work nights.

Punisher 50! (pull list envy :P ) I just read the Mother Russia storyline trade - great story with an old school Nick Fury and H.A.L.O. jumps :) Gotta love it.

Read Batman 666 the other week - a true "What the?" moment. Think maybe I'll check out Detective Comics for Batman stories...

Heidi Meeley said...

Eaglewing, thank you for your post about being positive and what you like! I am planning to link to it in the next few days. You are the king for that! (well, you and Vaklam) :-)

I am soooo excited for Punisher 50! It will be way too cool- not like your warm days there! Poor guy! You work nights? You and my hubby must be kindred spirits as he is a total night owl.

Batman 666 is pretty interesting. I am hoping for a big payoff soon! Detective is great right now, especially when Dini and Kramer do one shots. The vibe is awesome!

Lisa said...

I made a discovery yesterday! If you read more than one issue of Countdown at a time, it actually reads a LOT better. The problem with it, in my opinion, is that it's so choppy and you can't really get into any story in one issue - some stories are just two pages per issue. But, yesterday, since I had some unexpected free time, I read the 4 issues I was behind on all in order, and it was a LOT better than it has been reading them one issue here and one there.

So, if you can hold off on reading them when you buy them, and maybe just do a once-a-month read, I think you might enjoy it a bit more. I know I did.