Thursday, January 24, 2008

Manhunter Goes to the Birds in April


Birds of Prey #117
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley
Tonight as I was glancing through the DC Comics advance solicitations it caught my eye that Kate Spencer, otherwise known as Manhunter, is on the cover of Birds of Prey #117. That just made my heart skip a beat, as I have been missing Kate's solo series and wishing it would be back on a monthly basis.

I am glad to see Kate take a starring role in this issue of Birds of Prey. Truly. I just wish I could take a look at how her life is going now. Her book's cast was phenomenal, and the creative team couldn't be beat.

I guess if I can't get a Manhunter solo book I will settle for this appearance in Birds of Prey. It is certaintly better then nothing.

Here is the solicitation:

"BIRDS OF PREY #117
Written by Sean McKeever
Art by Nicola Scott & Doug Hazlewood
Cover by Stephane Roux
Misfit and Manhunter are captured by the man responsible for the bizarre magical technology that has been threatening the Birds and all of Metropolis...leading Oracle to decide to relocate the team to try to take this new nemesis down for good.
On sale April 23 o 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US "

Nice.

No comments: