Monday, August 13, 2007

A Bit of a Follow Up...

Tonight is when I usually post my new comics for the week, and recently I have been putting up my thoughts about Rock of Love, the VH-1 reality show. This week, I just can't do it.

Let's take a moment to reflect on Mike Wieringo and his life. Give a moment of silence and say a quick prayer for his family. Go hug a loved one tight and tell them how you feel. Life is too short, and it is so precious. A normal, extremely healthy guy was taken from us yesterday. I think God must have needed his help on the ultimate graphic novel in heaven.

For those of you who would like to reflect a bit, there are touching tributes to "Ringo" appearing all over the 'net. For one day at least, we as fan are united in our sadness. We have lost an amazing talent and a wonderful human being.

Over at Newsarama, Todd Dezago, Karl Kesel, and Mark Waid share their memories while fans leave their tributes to the man.

At Newsarama's blog, there are more shared thoughts and feelings, along with a message from Mike's brother with the family's wishes.

Scott Kurtz made me cry with his beautiful story. It took me three tries to get all the way through it.

Take care out there. Go spend time with your family and friends. The internet isn't going anywhere. The same old strife and lively conversation will be here tomorrow. Tonight is a good night to do something different.

No comments: