Monday, August 13, 2007

Mike Wieringo Passes Away... Tears

According to Newsarama, Mike Wieringo passed away on Sunday of an apparent heart attack. He was 44 years old.

Words cannot express my sadness. Wieringo's art has such a unique voice that I can't imagine it ever being duplicated. His work on Fantastic Four and The Flash with Mark Waid was sheer genius. Wieringo also drew a trend setting version of Spider-Man. The man was a class act to boot. Sweet and kind to the fans, with a polite demeanor. Genuine guy.

There just are no words.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

This is sad, sad news.

Kirk Jarvinen said...

Sorrow.
The great one's always die young.
Goodbye, Ringo.

Heidi Meeley said...

Lisa and Kirk- this just rips me up. He was just a bit older then I am, and he was incredibly fit. It just doesn't make sense. I don't think I will ever understand it. The man should have lived to a ripe old age!!

Kirk, I think you nailed it- "The great one's always die young".

Britt Schramm said...

I've been away on travel for the entire day and this is what I first read about. I am shocked, shocked, to say the least. I've talked to hima couple times at a con and he was more than generous of not only his time but more importantly his attention. The comic book community lost one of the truly great people who happened to be an excellent artists of all-time.

God speed, 'Ringo...