Monday, April 09, 2007

New Comics for April 11


Trials Of Shazam #6
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley.
Last week went so quickly after coming back from the Emerald City Show and working out so much, that it just doesn't feel like a Monday. Yeah, I know I worked 9 1/2 hours, but it doesn't feel like it. Call it a con hangover, I guess!

I have a horrendous list of new comics this week, so bear with me!

52 Week 49
All Star Superman #7
Fables #60
Green Arrow #73
Loveless #17
Stormwatch PHD #6
Tales of the Unexpected #7 (of 8)
Teen Titans #45
Trials of Shazam #6 (of 12) -pictured!
Wonder Woman #7
Bomb Queen III #2 (of 4)
Dynamo 5 #2
New X-Men #37
She-Hulk 2 #17
Thunderbolts #113
Uncanny X-Men #485
Wolverine Origins #13

Yikes. What a week. What is worse is that next week seems to have even more books. I dont' know whether to be giddy or pull my hair out of my head. Time will tell.

Have a wonderful week, okay?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

My list this week is brutal too! And the last few weeks we've gotten some graphic novels I wanted to check out, but I just don't have the time. Boy, it's hard to run a busy comic book store and still read comics! Especially since I won't read when shoppers are in the store.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! All-Star Superman is out! It's always such a pleasant surprise when it shows up on a shipping list. Can't wait!

And...other than "52"....that's about it!

Heidi-

What are your thoughts on "Trials of Shazam"? Are you coming into it as a previous fan of the character, or are you "fresh" to the Shazam scene? Just curious.

Heidi Meeley said...

Lisa, it is crazy this week! You are a busy lady to boot so I don't know how you do it! I am in awe that you can keep up at all!

That is an interesting but good policy on not reading while shoppers are there. It keeps your focus on them without alienating them by thinking you aren't paying attention. Clever!

I like the way you think!

Heidi Meeley said...

Jim and I LOVE All Star Superman. It is one of the books we both really enjoy so it is always a great week when the title hits!

Mark, I am a longtime Captain Marvel fan. Back in the day, I bought the SHAZAM! title and loved it. I also read the series by Jerry Ordway- Power of Shazam and enjoyed it a great deal.

What is interesting to me about Trials of Shazam is a modernization of the mythos. It is tricky to make classical characters fresh today, but I have been pretty pleased so far. In my mind, the book has an "out of continuity" feel, so the riskiness of it hasn't bothered me at all.

I have enjoyed watching Howard Porter experiment with his art as well. So far, I would give the book a grade of B. It will be the next few issues that either make or break it for me.

Thank you for asking! Man I got long winded!

Have you read it at all? Where you an "old school" Captain Marvel fan?