Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Random Thoughts and Musings


boysbyrobertson
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley.
I just had to have a post con moment here, so bear with me. Pictured is my sketch of Wee Hughie of "The Boys" by Darick Robertson. I really love the soulful, troubled look in Hughie's eyes. It added that something extra that makes this a "must have" sketch in my collection.

Just a few thoughts tonight, as I spent more time at the gym then I had intended. This weekend I was sick with the kind of crappy sinus infection that isn't so bad that you are bedridden, but is painful enough to make you wish the world would just go away. Consequently, I didn't read ANY of the swag I got at the show. I just couldn't focus to read.

My goal for this weekend is to read the GN's and comics I got at the show. There were some very generous people that gave me stuff to look at. I promise I haven't forgotten. You will see an opinion of sorts soon. Thank you for your kindness.

My other goal is to take Jim to see Grindhouse. We had intended to go see it last weekend, but I couldn't stand the thought of being in a theatre for over three hours feeling like I would be blowing my nose the entire time. It would have been distracting for the audience and for me!

Next Monday my team finds out how we did in the "Get In Shape" contest. I am interested to see how we stack up. I lost 28 pounds and 7% body fat so I am really happy about that. My team as a whole (there were four of us) lost 121 pounds, which is outstanding. We all feel and look better. In fact, tonight we got carried away enjoying our weight workout and ended up spending an extra hour. Believe it- I really enjoyed it. (No, I am not certifiable).

On that note, I am off to get some dinner and do some laundry. I am planning to either have news or a new "Is This Gratuitous" post tomorrow, so stay tuned!

Take care!

2 comments:

John Holland said...

That's a cool drawing. I can't wait for the comic to start back again.

Heidi Meeley said...

John, I was really excited when my friend Brian told me that Darick Robertson was at the HERO Initiative booth sketching. Wee Hughie is the man, so I had to get a sketch of him.

I definitely can't wait until The Boys are back!! :-)