Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

To all you dads out there, Happy Father's Day! Let me congratulate you and give you my humble thanks. Dads that are there for their kids, teaching them and helping them- that is priceless.

Jim is on the phone with his dad right now and I am going to call my dad soon. My dad has alway been my hero, and I have always been a daddy's girl of the highest order. One of the hardest things for me has been to live 200 miles away from him. Thank God we both have the same cell phone provider, so that I can call him on a lark and have a conversation. God knows I miss him, and he has been a source of my sanity in a crazy, out-of-control world.

Have a nice day filled with love and joy.

3 comments:

John Holland said...

This is my first Father's Day without my Dad and it's harder than I thought it would be. Some things you just never get used to.

Heidi Meeley said...

John, I am so sorry about that. It never gets any easier, does it? Take care and know you are in my thoughts. :-)

Carl said...

I took my girls and myself to see The Incredible Hulk. While I am still boycotting the comics, I can't go against the wishes of my children. I figured they would want to see Kung Fu Panda or Prince Caspain, but nope, they voted on the Hulk. I really enjoyed it too, totally made up for that emo-gagging psycho-analysis bullsh*t by that creep Ang Lee. The funny thing was I spent more money then I have in months, not on me but on my girls. I think that made me happier then anything else...

And my dad's been gone since '83. The pain never goes away but time dulls it's heartache down to where you can function. Never get over it, but can function...