Monday, June 23, 2008

New Comics for June 25


Black Panther #37
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley
Good Evening and Happy Monday! Today went so fast that it is unreal. I worked an 11 hour day and then ran by the gym, so I am a bit tired tonight. It's all good though. Just one more week or so of this and then things should be back to a more normal pace.

Today I got notification that my next DCBS order is shipping on Wednesday, so that will include last week's and this week's books. That is always a wonderful e-mail to receive. Jim and I are so happy with the service from the DCBS that we wish we would have switched a lot sooner. Not using all the extra gas to get downtown and rushing around until I was ready to pull my hair out? Not missed.

Here is this week's list.

Final Crisis #2 (of 7)
Green Lantern #43
Huntress Year One #4 (of 6)
Superman #677
Teen Titans #60
Trinity #4
Darkness #4
Black Panther #37- pictured
Captain America #39
Daredevil #108
Hulk #4
Mighty Avengers #15
Ms. Marvel #28
New Avengers #42
She Hulk 2 #30
Ultimate Spider-Man #123
Uncanny X-Men #499
Wolverine Origins #26
X-Men Legacy #213

That is it for the week. I am glad that we are using DCBS because it has cut down on impulse purchases and therefore we are saving some decent money. I do miss the occasional store crawl, but I am saving it up for next time we go out of town.

Have a great night! See you here soon!

4 comments:

Saranga said...

What are your thoughts on Trinity? I wasn't massively impressed with numbers 1 and 2 but will probably end up buying the trades because I'm a completist. *sigh*

Heidi Meeley said...

Saranga, so far I like it. I am anxious to get issues 3 and 4 in my comic book order on Monday in hopes of it kicking things up a notch.

Like you, I am a completist and I have to fight it like crazy. I feel your pain! It drives me nuts not to have an entire run, especially if there are just a few issues missing. I am trying to break myself of that habit!!

I will check your blog to see how you are liking it, and we will have to compare notes.

Saranga said...

I've only bought a couple of issues so far, the first 2, I wans't terribly impressed but I figure it needs time to build up the story. I did like Diana's comments about her other identity though. maybe i'll get issues 3 and 4..

Heidi Meeley said...

Saranga, it sounds like you and I are on the same page there. It is so hard to tell right now, that I figure the next couple of issues will be my decision maker. I am hot and cold with Busiek's writing, so it depends. I worship his Astro City stuff, so I am hoping it goes that way!

I will keep a check on your site to see how it goes!