Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Random Thoughts and Musings

Good Evening! I just got done checking out Newsarama's new site look. So as to not mince words: I don't like it. To me the layout is confusing, and it takes longer to load then the old site. Will I get used to it? Most likely. Will I like it? Time will tell, but for now, I am not very thrilled. What do you think?

In "doh" level errors, I missed last month's issue of Justice Society of America #15. Crap. Jim and I talked about it and I will probably do an online order from Midtown Comics or somewhere similar and pick it up, along with a few other odds and ends.

If you live in the Spokane, Washington area, or are just in the mood to make a trip, this weekend would be a great time to do so. On Saturday, June 7, the Spokane Comicon will take place. It is being held at Cataldo Hall on Gonzaga University grounds from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. I really wish I was going, but it just isn't in the cards. Here's who will be there:

Clayton Crain- X-Force/Ghost Rider art
Andy Owens- inker of Nightwing, Buffy, etc.
Bluewater Productions
Jim Koch Design
Ben Hansen- our buddy and talented artist on The Dependents
Jason Metcalf- the extremely handsome and humble artist who just completed a comic called Eternal Descent and has worked on The Darkness
Randy Kintz- another extremely handsome, but a bit less humble artist whose new comic "Jason and the Argonauts" #4 just hit the stands

What a great list of guest! According to the buzz, there will also be lots of stuff to buy and a costume contest to boot!

That's it for tonight. I have to go shred old stuff for a half hour and read some more of my new comics. I will be back tomorrow to catch up on answering comments. Take care!

2 comments:

John Holland said...

I agree Heidi, I don't like it either. Just seems confusing to me.

Heidi Meeley said...

John, thank God I am not the only one. It hurts my eyes because it is so busy. Yikes.