Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Baking!

Happy Holidays to all! It is Christmas Eve and because I couldn't travel to see my family, I am baking cookies. Jim is sitting here in absolute amazement because I don't think he has ever seen me bake. Cook yes... bake no. I am making chocolate chip cookies and spritz cookies. I made a mess and it is a bit scary, but for the most part they are coming out okay. I screwed up the first recipe by adding the flour first- duh!

I had lunch with my friend Kerry, his son, daughter-in-law, and grandson. It was very cute because the little boy is a huge super hero fan. He loved the fact that I knew what he was talking about. It was also nice, because his dad has a Spider-Man tattoo, and that was common ground. Did I mention I had an excellent hamburger as well?

On that note, I am going to go finish baking and hang out. It is nice to be here but I really miss my family. Maybe next week...

Have a wonderful Christmas and happy holidays!

4 comments:

Nick said...

Spritz cookies?

I am unfamiliar with these?

Melchior del DariƩn said...

Happy Holidays, Heidi!

Heidi Meeley said...

Nick, they are a sugar cookie that is put into a cookie press and can be the shape of a tree, ornament, candy cane, etc. I put sprinkles on them, and sometimes use food coloring to make them green and red. Fun cookies for Christmas!

Merry Christmas, by the way!

Heidi Meeley said...

Melchior, Happiest of Holidays to you as well! Take care.