Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!


I hope that all of you, regardless of your religious and social preference, have a wonderful day today! We are relaxing here at home, since the bad weather prevented our trip. I just put a prime rib in the oven to cook and it is already starting to smell delicious.


By the way, the cookies did turn out. The chocolate chip ones have a slightly crunchy outside and a soft, chewy inside. The spritz cookies, which are sugar cookies that are normally pressed into shapes, turned out well. I was a happy camper.


Today is a day for family and loved ones. I hope you have yours around you have a wonderful day and I wish you peace and love.
(Image courtesy of Heritage Comics)

7 comments:

Swinebread said...

Merry Christmas to you both!

I spent the whole day cooking!

Me... the guy that doesn't cook!

Miracles can happen on X-mas

Eaglewing said...

Merry Christmas to the Meeley family! Hope you have a wonderful holiday. Enjoy the warm cookies and cold weather.

Saranga said...

Merry Christmas and well done on the cookies. I have an American friend staying and we were discussing making sugar cookies tomorrow. We'll see.

Heidi Meeley said...

Swinebread, you are the MAN! Miracles do happen! Also, I went over to your blog to catch up and my heart is with you. Take care.

Heidi Meeley said...

Eaglewing! You too! I hope you aren't working too hard, but it sounds like you are anyway!!

Heidi Meeley said...

Saranga, did you make them? I better go check your blog! Have a wonderful day!

Saranga said...

No we failed to make them unfortunately. Due to the neighbour's smoke detector going off for 16 hours or so I went to bed real late Friday and then slept in till 11 on Saturday. By which point friends had gone into town to spend their wedding vouchers. Nevermind, there's always next time!