Friday, August 05, 2005

Joe Madureira comes back to comics?


Red Monika
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley.
After very publicly leaving comics quite some time ago, Joe Madureira is coming back. According to a Wizard World Chicago report on Newsarama, Joe Mad has agreed to pencil a project with Jeph Loeb, who signed an exclusive agreement with Marvel.

This news just pisses me off. In my mind, Mad forsake the industry that gave him fame and success to go off and be in the video game business. Now he's back and I am supposed to be happy? Bull crap.

I ordered Battle Chasers from Jim Lee's Wildstorm Cliffhanger imprint back in the day, only to have Joe Mad half ass ship product when he had time between his meetings and video game endeavors. I think the longest wait for a new issue was over a year, and then the series ended without any resolution. That soured me in a big way. Between he and J. Scott Campbell, I feel the bridge has been burned.

I want to state for the record that I will NOT support any book Joe Mad works on. To me, that is the best way to get my message across. Burn me once, shame on you; do it a second time, shame on me.

No comments: