Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Coolest Gift EVER: Justice League of America #126, page 9

Last night when I got home from working out, Jim was waiting for me with a huge surprise. He gave me a page of Justice League of America art by Dick Dillin.

I was stunned, thrilled, and surprised. I never thought I would be privileged enough to own a piece of art by my all-time favorite.

Now I do, and I am beyond pleased.

There is no better gift then one that you really wanted and never expected. Jim really scored the brownie points on this one.

The kicker is that it wasn't an anniversary, holiday, or even my birthday. Jim got it for me because I have been under a great deal of stress lately and he wanted to cheer me up.

Wow.

I wanted to share this with you and give some love to my hubby for getting me this. I remember this page clearly and this issue as well. Dick Dillin is one of the all time greats in my eyes.

For a quick back story, this issue was published in January 1976. The title of the story is "The Evil Connection". The story was "men only" as neither Wonder Woman or Black Canary were featured in the issue. That is the only bummer. Otherwise this story stands in my eternal memory as a part of a well done run. Good stuff.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE! What a nice hubby you've got there, Heidi!

What a great piece of original art. Some A-list characters fighting the Weaponers of Qward...and is that TWO-FACE with the good guys? Man...I may have to track this issue down for my own collection.

This after just buying an issue of JLA last evening from about the same time period. We've all got Dick Dillin on the brain!

John Holland said...

What a great gift! That's awesome.

Lisa said...

that's awesome! A Sweetest Day gift you didn't even expect.

Heidi Meeley said...

Mark, that is so awesome that you recognized Two-Face! If you just bought an issue from this era, issue #126 would fit in well with your collection. The story is really well done.

I am so glad that you had Dick Dillin on the brain as well! I just love his art. His early death still makes me sad. He is the one creator I really would have gone through a blizzard to meet.

Heidi Meeley said...

John, thank you! It definitely made my day.

Heidi Meeley said...

Lisa, it was the nicest gift I could have gotten. To receive it out of love was just the icing on the cake to be sure!

technogreek said...

Rock, that's awesome!