Monday, October 15, 2007

New Comics for October 17


The Boys #11
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley
Holy Crap, another month is half over. I can't believe it. If I don't hustle, Halloween will be here and I won't have a costume. I better put on my thinking cap soon.

This week there are several great titles coming out, including The Boys from Dynamite Entertainment. This week also brings Powers #26 which I had almost given up hope of seeing.

Here is my list for the week:

Army @ Love #8
Birds of Prey #111
Brave & the Bold #7
Catwoman #72
Checkmate #19
Countdown #28
Ex Machina #31
Fables #66
Justice League of America #14
Shadowpact #18
Sword #1
Witchblade #110
Captain America #31
Mighty Avengers #5
Penance Relentless #2 (of 5)
Powers #26
Ultimate X-Men #87
Wolverine Origins #18
X-Men Emperor Vulcan #2 (of 5)
Boys #11
Devi #14
Jungle Girl #2
Red Sonja #26
Snakewoman Vol. 2 #4

Whew! I know I sound like a broken record, but it is another big week for me. Hopefully there will be more good then bad.

Have a wonderful evening! See you here tomorrow!

5 comments:

RedheadFangirl said...

Halloween is close! I've been Batgirl for 2 years, and was thinking of being another superhero. Lots of WW or Supergirl costumes, but don't want to go that route...maybe I'll be something non comic related!

John Holland said...

Curses! I was actually going to skip going to my comic shop this week and just hit it next week, but if The Boys is coming out I can't do that. I'll have to head over there to pick that book up.

Heidi Meeley said...

Redheadfangirl- I love that you dress up as a super hero! I was actually thinking of doing the old school Huntress as an outfit, but haven't decided for sure yet.

I think you could have fun with both WW or Supergirl as a costume, or you could do something off the wall like Mary Marvel? That could be fun.

I will watch your blog with interest! I love how creative you are.

Heidi Meeley said...

John, I feel you on that one too. There is no way I can miss going to the shop when The Boys is coming out! That is Garth Ennis goodness. You are too awesome!

Carl said...

Hmmmmm, I guess I am the problem child again. A while back, I got The Boys collected, then read each issue that came out and.... well, while I enjoyed the raw savageness of the book for a bit, then, I read 8, 9 and 10. Blah. Meh. I couldn't see this book going on for Preacher/Hitman length sagas and I couldn't find it in me to actually buy issue 10 and read it at the shop. It's like the book wants to show superheroes as a bunch of dysfunctional a-holes and freaks that absolute power has absolutely corrupted. And The Boys are better then them? I can't see it. I might read it at the shop, but get my $2.99? Nope...
I am kind of stuck on my Halloween costume. I've been Solomon Grundy, Marv from Sin City, The Shadow (1930s and 1980s versions), The Punisher, Jigsaw, Snake Plissken, The Terminator, Snake Eyes, The Golden Age Sandman, Indiana Jones, a Sith Lord and more then I can remember. I want to do The Spirit before the movie comes out next year and something else from Star Wars but am having a time putting the costumes together. Guess I will figure it out in the half a month I have left...