Sunday, October 28, 2007

Random Thoughts and Musings

I had every intention of doing quick take reviews today but life got in the way. First Jim and I went and got him new jeans as all the pairs he owned had holes or rips in them. Then we bought hardcore tree trimmers because we have quite the project. We received a notice, as did most of our neighbors, that we needed to clean up the alley way behind our homes. It was quite the pisser as we had no idea that we needed to do that. We went and walked around behind our fence where for almost two hours we proceeded to prune like madmen. We didn't finish, but I am going to call the city and at least let them know we are trying.

Then we went to our friend Kerry's house and helped him repair his fence, which had fallen down. Jim also helped Kerry's wife plant a tree. That was another couple of hours, and we were happy to help as Kerry has helped us with our yard several times. As we left Kerry's house, the sun was setting. We still had grocery shopping and laundry to do.

This means it is 8:15 p.m. and I am just now sitting down. I haven't checked my e-mail and I haven't even begun to get my stuff ready for tomorrow. The weekend has gone way too fast, and I am dreading the week.

For Halloween I am going to be a white collar worker. Yep, after all my planning and thinking, I have got nothing. There are too many external things going on that are causing me to put one of my favorite holidays on the back burner. The good news is that next year being a leap year, Halloween will be on a Friday, so I can jump back into it with glee.

Jim and I also had a conversation about the first comics we ever bought. Today marks the 20th anniversary to the day of when he got his first comic book. That is incredible. Happy Anniversary of sorts, Honey!

Nothing really comic related to say. I will be back tomorrow with my weekly list. Have a wonderful week and a safe Halloween!

4 comments:

Swinebread said...

At a party I was at guy put three big dot on himself and called himself a three-hole punch

Heidi Meeley said...

Swinebread, that is AWESOME!! I may have to borrow that one!

Swinebread said...

Wow, I sure typed that too fast!

Heidi Meeley said...

Swinebread, you are incredibly fast typing man for Halloween?? Hee hee that was cheesy.