Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Random Thoughts and Musings


Black Canary by Alex Ross
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley
DC must have done a good job of making me curious at the end of the Green Arrow/ Black Canary Wedding Special because I couldn't wait to get home to page the first issue of the new series. To my surprise, I had pretty much guessed correctly what was going on. I really enjoyed the art on the issue, and had a decent first impression. That being said, I am going to read it more thoroughly tonight and see if my gut reaction holds true. Overall, the first issue of Green Arrow and Black Canary made me want to come back for more, if for no other reason then to see the mystery unfold and see Dinah kick some ass.

Wonder Woman #13 was very much a set up for the upcoming Gail Simone run. I was pleased to see loose ends tied up and a more cohesive feel to the scripting. J. Torres really outdid himself. The art by Julian Lopez and Bit was pleasant and I enjoyed seeing a more muscled Diana. After a great deal of apprehension, this issue really put me at ease. Now it is time to bring on the dawn of a new day courtesy of the woman who guided the Birds of Prey through one topnotch story after another.

Since I got home late tonight I really haven't looked at much, but I wanted to share my initial reactions. This week is shaping up to be potentially one of the best ones I have had comic book wise in a while.

On that note, I just want to wish you all a lovely evening! Let me know what you think about GA/BC and Wonder Woman!

2 comments:

Nick said...

The first thing I thought when looking at that picture, "That looks like Ross' Superman in drag"

Heidi Meeley said...

Nick, I was going to protest but the closer I looked, I found myself thinking you were right. :-)

I usually think of Dinah as having a sweeter face... Hmmm...