Monday, June 26, 2006

Creators I Would Like to Take To Dinner #2- Grant Morrison


Grant Morrison
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley.
Grant Morrison is one of the few creators I would love to meet that fill me with a bit of trepidation. I am fearful that if I met him I would faint or be rendered speechless. He is extraordinary in every way, and it frankly terrifies me, a woman who is not easily intimidated.

I lived for Grant's runs on The Invisibles and JLA. His New X-Men set a new standard for excellence. I am thrilled with All Star Superman, and have read all his Vertigo mini-series including Sea Guy. I am insane that he is going to work on Batman. That is just the icing on the cake though.

Grant let readers of Invisibles into his world through his letter pages. Learning about his thoughts and theories only made him more attractive to me. As he survived a horrific illness, he spurred readers on with reading suggestions and a frankness that only made him more intriguing.

In my mind, Grant is as close to a rock star as it gets in this industry. His sense of fashion is insanely glam and his appearance only serves to enhance his appeal. Too bad he's taken, but dinner would totally be okay, right?

No comments: