Monday, June 26, 2006

Creators I Would Like to Take To Dinner #5- Brian Azzarello


Brian Azzarello
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley.
Brian Azzarello is the brilliant mind behind 100 Bullets, Loveless, and a fantastic run on Hellblazer. His writing intrigues me to no end, because there are so many layers of story contained in it. It is the rare writer who can build upon a story and make it more exciting rather then confusing, but Azzarello pulls it off.

His work on 100 Bullets has got to be the best example of this so far. I am craving each issue like a person stranded in the desert craves water. That is how masterful it is. I can hardly stand to wait for each issue, my anticipation is go keen.

I would love to find out about Azzarello's back ground and interests. I am very interested in what makes him tick, so to speak. His work continues to mesmerize me, so I want to find out more about him.

I would love to have his talented wife Jill Thompson along for this one, to learn more about her as well. It would be incredible to have both available.

It is almost too much to hope for.

No comments: